The Milken-Penn GSE Education Business Plan Competition (EBPC) is open to applicants worldwide and offers a tremendous opportunity to entrepreneurs and investors alike. The Competition includes a path for Ideas (opening Summer 2017), as well as a path for Ventures (check back in January 2018). In offering multiple prizes and prize categories, the EBPC attracts innovative ideas in education from around the world, ranging from those structured on local or global needs, public or private issues, Pre-K through adult education, and social or for-profit ventures.
- Urban Education
- Connecting Research to Practice
- Teaching & Learning
- Technology in Grades K through 12
- Special Education & At-Risk Students
- Open & Collaborative Solutions: The Education Ecosystem
- Online & Distance Learning in Higher Education
- Global/Borderless Education Solutions
- Early Childhood Education
- Workforce Learning
Two Tracks: Ventures and Ideas
As of the 2017 Competition, the Idea and Venture paths of the Milken-Penn GSE Education Business Plan Competition will run in series rather than concurrently (but both paths do still exist!). The Idea path, aimed at entrepreneurs in the early stages of ideation or product/service development, opens for submissions in early August 2017. Applicants in the Idea path are expected to be pre-revenue and pre-investment.
Any individual is eligible to enter the Competition by submitting an Entry (defined below), except the following individuals are not eligible:
- Anyone who is under 18 years old;
- Any Competition judge;
- Anyone who previously was awarded a prize in this Competition.
- Idea Path Grand Prize (1): $5,000
- Other Idea Path Prizes (2): $2,500
- All Idea Path Finalists: $1,000
To enter the Competition, an eligible Applicant must submit all of the required materials (an “Entry”).
- A subset of these Applicants will be selected as finalists in the Competition, and invited to present the business plan orally at the University, before judges.
- The Competition may choose to hold one or more Competition paths, including an Idea path, a Venture path, or both. Applicants may enter the Idea path, the Venture path, or both.
- A business plan based upon an idea or concept that has been previously published is eligible, provided the Applicant discloses the previous publication(s).
- All entries must be submitted in the English language.
- An Applicant does not transfer legal ownership of his or her business plan simply by entering the Competition; you retain ownership of your business plan and the legally-protectable concepts and ideas that may be patentable, copyrightable, or trademark-protectable (if any) disclosed in your submission.
Aug 1 : Competition open for submissions.
Sep 12 : Application period closes.
Oct 24 : Finalists announced.
Dec 4 : Competition Finals at ReImagine Education
Dead application september12th 2017
You can also visit the links below for more understanding