Application Deadline: 9th February 2018
Do you have ambition, leadership experience and a strong professional background? You could study for a master’s degree in Sweden on a fully-funded Swedish Institute scholarship. Find out if you can apply.
An estimated 180 scholarships will be available for full-time master’s studies in Sweden starting in the autumn semester 2018. Usually 1-2 % of the applicants can be awarded a SISS scholarship.
You must have minimum of 3,000 hours of demonstrated full-time or part-time employment, voluntary work, paid/unpaid internship, and/or position of trust.
You must have demonstrated leadership experience from employment, voluntary work, and/or internship after high school studies.
You must be required to pay tuition fees to the universities, have followed the steps of university admission, and will be admitted to one of the eligible master’s programmes by 6 April 2018.
Country of citizenship
Citizens of about 140 countries are eligible for the scholarship programme.
Other eligibility criteria
There are also criteria regarding dual citizenships, previous residence and studies in Sweden, and more.
The scholarship covers
- Tuition fees
- Living expenses of SEK 9,000/month
- Travel grant of SEK 15,000 *
- Insurance against illness and accident
- Membership of the SI Network for Future Global Leaders (NFGL)
– a platform to grow your network and experience, while in Sweden
- Membership of the SI Alumni Network after your scholarship period – a platform for further professional development and to stay in touch
* The travel grant is a one-time payment for the entire scholarship period. The grant is not applicable to students already living in Sweden.
Application procedure – Step by step
- Apply for a master’s programme at universityadmissions.se
Date: 16 Oct 2017 – 15 Jan 2018
- Apply for a SISS scholarship
Date: 2 Feb 2018 – 9 Feb 2018
- Notifications from University Admissions
Date: 6 Apr 2018
- Announcement of 180 successful SI scholarship recipients
Date: 26 Apr 2018
For More Information:
Visit the Official Webpage of the Swedish Institute Study Scholarships (SISS) 2018/2019