If you find yourself raising an innovative child, encourage them to become entrepreneurs. The internet has made it easier for kids to learn important life skills at an earlier age, particularly business skills. We put together a list of business ideas from the experts and around the web that kids can start and run on their own.
Here are 25 business ideas for kids to try.
- Resell Candies at School
- Mow Lawns for Your Neighbors…
- …or Take Care of Their Pets
- Start a Small Staffing Agency … A kid could create an agency staffed by other, like-minded kids to assist working parents with various everyday practical chores.
- Resell Merchandise to Learn Valuable Lessons
- Create a Beautiful Website with Wix …. Your child’s brilliant business idea deserves an equally impressive website that their customers will want to visit over and over. It may seem like building one can be a complicated task, but technology nowadays can make website creation easy even for young entrepreneurs to learn and have fun with, so encourage them to check out Wix. Wix offers hundreds of beautiful templates and a drag-and-drop website builder to help them create a website with just a few clicks that looks great on both computers and mobile devices. Wix offers a free basic plan with premier plans priced between $5 and $25 per month.
- Start a Project That Solves a Problem
- Get Hired as a Babysitter
- Create Your Own Artwork and Sell It
- Start a Small Landscape Business
- Tutor Other Kids in Strong Subjects
- Re-Sell Old Toys
- Start a Peer Mentoring Business
- Run Your Own Pop-Up Art Gallery Fundraiser
- Design and Sell Dog Collars
- Create Your Own Handcrafted Jewelry
- Sell Baked Goods Online
- Make DIY T-Shirt Prints and Design
- Collect Recyclable Materials in Your Neighborhood
- Redesign Simple Backpacks
- Start Your Own Puppet Show Group
Over to You
It’s important to encourage entrepreneurship at an early age, as it teaches children valuable skills they will need as an adult. Use this list of potential business for kids to motivate and inspire them to start their own.
Want to share your own business ideas for kids? Let us know in the comments!