LEAP Africa’s Social Innovators Programme and Awards (SIPA) is a yearly immersive fellowship that empowers and equips 20 young African changemakers with requisite skills and tools for building sustainable enterprises. We are currently accepting applications for our 2019/2020 cohort.
The SIP accepts 20 social innovators annually for a period of 12 months; from November 2019 to November 2020
The fellowship admits social ventures/ enterprises with a for-profit/nonprofit model. The fellowship’s focus is to support Fellows to build sustainable social ventures and enterprises.
- Young persons between the ages of 18-35 years, whose ideas and initiatives offer effective solutions to challenges in local communities across Nigeria.
- Initiators/co-founders of a social-focused venture/enterprise/ Foundation, located in Nigeria.
- Applicants must have been involved in operating their venture/enterprise beyond one to three years prior to the commencement of the Fellowship
Initiator/ co-founder must be available for the full course of the 12 month period to implement the learnings into sustaining their innovation/ enterprise
During the course of the Fellowship, Fellows will be exposed to:
- 6-day residential sustainability training/ workshop
- Mentoring by seasoned professionals
- Webinars, online learning and advisory support
- Alumni meet-ups and networking access to global opportunities and fellowships
The SIP is LEAP’s platform to equips, supports and showcases social innovators and entrepreneurs, enabling them to build and sustain their social innovations towards national and systems-level social change. Therefore, being a member of this prestigious Fellowship affords you:
- The opportunity to be equipped with leadership, management and entrepreneurial skills for personal, organizational and community transformation
- The opportunity to build valuable global networks within the social innovation and enterprise space
- Access to a support ecosystem of talent, advisory, funding and other resources that will support the growth and sustainability of your innovation
At the end of the programme, sustainability prizes will be awarded to three outstanding Fellows. However, throughout the course of the fellowship, there are opportunities for Fellows to access funding from our other development partners.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted with a congratulatory message from the SIP team. They will be invited to attend the Social Innovators Programme & Awards in November 2019 in Lagos where they will be onboarded and inducted into the Fellowship.
How to Apply:
If you are interested in applying for this opportunity, kindly follow the link below to apply
Application Deadline: August 8th 2019