The West Africa Creative Enterprise Support Programme is an extension of our Creative Hubs Programme which was first launched in 2017, which aims to upskill young and emerging creative entrepreneurs towards the development of successful businesses which create job opportunities and prosperity in respective countries. We will do this through training, mentoring, coaching, internships opportunities, etc.
This call is for fashion and fashion-tech* entrepreneurs in Abuja, Nigeria, to apply and participate in the Creative Enterprise Support Programme taking place in Abuja from November 2019 until May 2020. The programme offers enterprise, artistic, technical and skills training to existing and potential fashion and fashion-tech entrepreneurs in Abuja.
(*Technology that is used to improve fashion and/or the fashion experience. Some of these technologies are; 3D printing, artificial intelligence, augmented reality, virtual reality and technical materials).
To participate, the applicant must:
- Be of Nigerian descent and resident in Abuja, Nigeria
- Be within the age range of 18 – 35, as at the time of submission of application
- Own/run a fashion/fashion-tech business which has been in establishment for no more than 2 years and is looking to further establish and grow. (Please note: Only one person per enterprise/business will be accepted to participate in this programme)
- Be available to participate and commit fully to the full length of the West Africa Creative Enterprise Support Programme (Abuja) as described below;
4 – 15 November 2019: A two-week intensive fashion-tech training programme for 60 participants
November 2019 – May 2020:
- 6-month fashion-tech incubation programme for 30 successful participants, selected from the two-week training. The incubation programme will include 3 months of face-to-face training (3 days a week) and 3 months of internship and mentorship opportunities. The programme schedule will be shared with selected participants.
- A pitch event in which fashion/fashion-tech entrepreneurs.
Note that there are 2 stages in the application process.
To complete the application form, please visit bit.ly/cesp-programme-abuja
Application opens: Wednesday, 4 September 2019
Application closes: Wednesday, 18 September 2019
Entries submitted after the given deadline will not be accepted.
Please note you may be disqualified if your business does not fit the stage required for the Bootcamp you apply for.
Only shortlisted applicants from Stage I will be contacted
If you are interested in applying for this opportunity, kindly visit the link below
Application Deadline: Wednesday, 18 September 2019