Afe Babalola University Ado-Ekiti (ABUAD) together with International Institute of Tropical Agriculture (IITA), Africa
Rice Center (AfricaRice), University of Abomey-Calavi (UAC) and International Fund for Agricultural Development
(IFAD) partners to jointly announce International Training in Youth Employment in Agribusiness and Sustainable
The overall training goal is to improve rural livelihoods of the youth living on agriculture and agriculturebased enterprises with specific objective to train the youth for enhanced technical, business/entrepreneurial skills for
increased incomes and creation of employment opportunities.
The training which will start in 2019 through to 2021 will accommodate 1,000 unskilled and unemployed rural youth
with at least secondary education in Nigeria (650 youths; Oyo and Ekiti States only) and the Republic of Benin (350
youths; Cotonou and Parakou only) with a minimum ratio of 50% women and 50% men will be selected and trained
to acquire productive skills for gainful self-employment and employment in agro-industry.
Training period and expenses covered
The period is maximum of 21 days.
Participant’s accommodation, feeding and upkeep stipend will be covered during
the training period.
The training period schedules for 2019 is below:
S/N Starting Date Ending Date
1 September 23 October 11
2 September 30 October 18
3 October 4 October 25
4 October 11 November 1
5 October 18 November 8
6 October 25 November 15
7 November 1 November 27
Candidate’s application requirements and criteria for selection
• Application for training is strictly online via www.yeasa.org/#apply. No other means of application!
• Applicant must be from Nigeria (Oyo and Ekiti states only) and from Republic of Benin (Cotonou and Parakou
• Youth must be unemployed with at least secondary school education.
• Functional email address.
• Passport photograph (white background).
• Valid mobile number.
• Valid identification card.
• Valid birth certificate.
• Age (18-35 years).
• Evidence of Local Government Area and State of origin.
• Living in rural areas with supporting documentation to verify their residence.
• Credible guarantor.
• Correct completed application form.
• Previous knowledge on “selected training interest”.
• Candidate must adhere to all instructions sent to them via email.
• Only successful and qualified candidates will be selected for interview and invited for the training.
International Training Announcement in Youth Employment
in Agribusiness and Sustainable Agriculture