Applications call for African Women’s Development Fund World AIDS Day Grants 2020
For World AIDS Day 2020, the African Women’s Development Fund is awarding grants to African women’s rights organizations and groups to support activities that support mental health and emotional wellbeing for women living with HIV and AIDS. The program encourages innovative projects that will involve women living with HIV and AIDS in their leadership, design, and implementation, and work. Africa Women’s Development Fund also prioritize activities that focus on women living in hard to reach areas and difficult circumstances. The program particularly welcomes applications from organizations of women living with HIV and AIDS, women’s organizations working on improving the mental health of women, and from young women’s groups.
AWDF encourages innovation, creative ideas, and projects may include activities that
- Use technology, arts, culture, and sports to create awareness and elevate voices of African women around HIV and AIDS and women’s mental health and emotional wellbeing.
- Create collective spaces for care that affirm and build the confidence of women living with HIV and AIDS to speak out about their mental and emotional health.
- Increase the knowledge of women and young women living with HIV and AIDS to take positive measures to support emotional wellbeing and mental health.
- Set the agenda for addressing the drivers causing mental health illnesses in women living with HIV and AIDS.
- Educate key stakeholders and the community on the challenges faced by women living with HIV and AIDS in relation to their mental and emotional health.
- Hold duty bearers accountable for addressing HIV and AIDS and mental health and emotional wellbeing issues.
The WAD program provides a maximum grant of US$2,000 to women’s rights organizations. The activities must promote women’s rights and involve women in planning and leadership of activities.
The grant size is US$2,000. Therefore, eligible projects should have a budget of not more than US$2,000 to be supported by AWDF funds. The grant period will be for 4 months from the date of the award.
Applicant Organisation must
- Have been in existence for at least 3 years.
- Be duly registered, at least with its local government structure.
- Be led by a woman and have a focus on Women’s Rights.
- Have the needed organizational structures for the effective implementation of the project.
- Have an appreciable financial management system to properly account for funds received.
- Be capable of reporting back on the outcomes of the project.
- Be highly recommended by a donor agency, a grantee or partner of AWDF; a well-known women’s rights organization or the local government office.
- Complete the necessary application forms.
- Have an annual budget of not more than $100,000.
Interested small-sized women’s rights organizations should send in their proposals using the required application guidelines to the AWDF secretariat via email to firstname.lastname@example.org; email@example.com; The applicant must also complete and include a financial management assessment form and an outcome form.
Full information available here
|Type of Opportunity||Miscellaneous|
|Organizer||African Women’s Development Fund|
|Contact the firstname.lastname@example.org|