The advent of COVID-19 has exacerbated challenges in Africa’s education system and reinforces the need for fit for context, innovative and scalable solutions in education. DOTSS provides an approach for reorienting Africa’s education and training systems to meet the knowledge, competencies, skills, innovation and creativity required to nurture African core values and promote sustainable development at the national, sub-regional and continental levels as espoused in CESA.
Since its inception in 2018, the Innovating Education in Africa Expo has continued to gather momentum and established itself as the leading Pan-African event promoting the adoption of Education Innovations in Africa. In light of the above, the African Union Commission (AUC) and Partners across Africa will hold the third edition of Innovating Education in Africa Expo as a virtual series of events and activities from October 2020 – June 2021.
Successful applicants will benefit from one or more of the following:
- Receive cash grants up to 100,000 USD.
- Innovation promoted to policy makers, investors, and practitioners during the Virtual Exhibition Day.
- Participate in entrepreneurship training, business incubation and acceleration program towards strengthening business model and scaling up of innovations.
- Innovation published in the Africa Education Innovations Handbook 2020.
- Certificate of Recognition from the African Union Commission.
Applications are accepted from entrepreneurs aged between 18-35 years. Organisations should meet the following criteria:
- Implementing an education innovation in Africa in line with the “background” and “innovations being sought” defined in the Call for Submissions.
- Should have been a legally registered and operational for not less than 1 year.
- Should not have previously awarded in the top 10 category of the Innovating Education in Africa Expo 2018 and 2019.
DEADLINE: September 25, 2020
To apply and more information visit here